Saturday 10 September 2011

Mini-Break

This week my boyfriend and myself decided to go away for a few days and relax.  We stayed in a little town called Cromwell in the South Island of New Zealand.  It is located in the valley of the Upper Clutha, deep in the heart of Central Otago where you are surrounded by beautiful orchards and vineyards selling some pretty tasty wine.

We stayed in an apartment on Lake Dunstan and I have to say it was so peaceful and beautiful I felt I had to share it with you.


 Photo taken from the Pisa Range Resort Website


The View from our Private Deck - photo taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S1600

You could sail up up to your own private deck and moor your boat, or for the less affluent such a myself maybe a kayak that the resort provides for hire :-)


 This was the view at sunset - photo taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S1600

Imagine a nice glass of local Pinot Noir in your hand as you sit and watch the stunning colours of the sky at sunset.  I think you can tell that we will go back here again next time we need a mini-break.

2 comments:

Nadya said...

Oooo this looks beautiful!! I think I will get Kurt to take me there next time we are home...in nz!!

Unknown said...

Yeah you should its really relaxing :-) They are still building the other apartments though which was the only downside, but they should be finished by the end of the year apparently.