Tuesday 31 May 2011

Website Relaunch

I have been a busy little bee over the past week redesigning my website.  I treated myself to upgrading to Illustrator CS5 (which in case you wanted to know is Amazing!) but that is a whole other feature.  I redesigned my banner using my new BFF Illustrator CS5 (well at least until they upgrade again) and also have designed an easier to navigate Jewellery Shop which will hopefully attract more customers.

My New Banner Designed in Illustrator


Old Layout and Banner using Photoshop


My New Home Page designed in Illustrator


I have also made my jewellery shop easier to navigate with each product now having their own order page and giving more detail about each item.

Page from the New Jewellery Shop
It has been a lot of work creating the new jewellery shop but it has been worth the effort.  When I designed it before I have to say I was a bit lazy with attention to detail.  Well lazy isn't maybe the correct word to use..........maybe inexperienced is a better one.  To begin with I looked at it from a customers point of view and realized I needed more detail and explanation about each individual piece, and that's exactly what I did.  I am still learning with web design as I go but I definitely feel that I have improved and learned a little bit more during this project, and have hopefully made a more attractive and user-friendly site along the way. 

You can have a look here at the new Mouse Illustration website and as always I would love to hear what you think. 

1 comment:

Julia said...

A real improvement I would say. Its all about gaining experience and learning along the way so well done!