Thursday 23 June 2011

Declutter your life!

Well, I have been completely unproductive over the last few days when it came down to actually getting things done! I think I have found my excuse...........Have you heard of Irritable Desk Syndrome???? Yeah me neither! 
After hours sitting on the Internet updating Twitter.....Facebook and troweling through all the many 'suggested pages' on Stumbleupon (sometimes I think they are 'Stumbling' for a completely different user with the page suggestions that I get) anyway I came across a page on how to declutter your desk space to make you more productive and raise your mood levels.  I don't know why I felt like I needed to do this because my desk it always spotless.............

Or Maybe Not............

The article from www.nomoreclutter.co.uk apparently states that having a lot of clutter at your desk can actually cause illness due to stress levels! Who knew!  Anyway since I had a severe lack of motivation to get off the Internet and into my work I decided to follow this step by step guide from No More Clutter and here are some of their suggestions:

  • Take everything off the surface except large items like your computer screen and empty your drawers. Admire the clear space – feel how calming and de-stressing it is. It could be like this every day. 

  • Desks are for action not for storage. Be discriminating about putting things back on the surface of your desk. 

  • Time to be honest and ruthless. As you pick up each item ask yourself is this truly relevant and useful? Do I actually need to keep it? No? Chuck it. 


  • Also if you type "declutter your desk" into YouTube you would be surprised how many people have actual tutorials on how to do it! (obviously I got side-tracked again here by looking this up)  It did give me a giggle though.........anyway so the big reveal, the big life changing result of me clearing up my mess.........

    Wow Amazing right???

    Ok so I'm sure you can sense a little bit of sarcasm in this post but I must say that it did make me feel like working more once I sat back down at my clean desk!  So I am now going to make a conscious effort to be a bit more organised and stop cluttering up my workspace.  Remember folks "Desks are for action not for storage" ;-)
    All the charms I made today thanks to my Clutter-free workspace

    No comments: