Sunday 17 July 2011

Let it Snow

Today I went for a walk in Queenstown Gardens.  It is a park located on the lake front of Wakatipu and I must say it is pretty beautiful in the winter time when you are surrounded by snow capped mountains.

Here are a few photos of the view I had this afternoon to accompany me on my walk.


Lakefront Queenstown

Panoramic View of Kelvin Heights and beyond

The Remarkables Mountain Range

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little bit of where I live.  It may be freezing at the moment but on a day like today I would have to say its pretty breathtaking don't you think?

I miss going for walks with my camera, it is definitely something that I need to do more of in the future (especially when I have views like this on my doorstep). 

Photos taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S1600

2 comments:

Lita said...

I just came across your blog and I had to comment. You live in such a gorgeous area!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ashley, its a pretty nice corner of the world and the snow makes it all that more prettier ;)