Friday 21 October 2011

Packaging

It has been a busy week here at Mouse Illustration and I just wanted to share my packaging ideas with you today.  Since my product is handmade I like to make sure that the whole Mouse Illustration experience has that handmade feel.

I am still working on my packaging design and I have some new business cards on the way from www.moo.com which I will share with you when they arrive. (I heard about moo.com from my friend Mabel @ www.pinkpigillustration.com who recommended them)  Once my business cards arrive I will make some labels to match but in the mean time this is what I am sending out to my customers who order online.

I wrap the jewellery in tissue paper then put them in these cute little bags that I found on a trip to Brasil.  I like to make them look like a bag of sweets.


Lastly I always like to write a note by hand as I feel that I would appreciate this extra touch when buying handmade.  Each customer appreciates that you have handcrafted the jewellery and I like to respond to their purchase on a more personal note.

I am always looking for new ideas regarding packaging but I hope this gives you a little insight into how I like to interact with my customers.

Maybe you could share your thoughts on what you would expect when buying handmade?

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: